If you’ve been to a craft store lately, you know that slime has become a craze for kids. The Michaels around the corner from our home, has an entire section dedicated to slime making with glue, glitter and all the other things you need to have a great time with your kids. If you haven’t made it before, it can get a little messy so be prepared.
Slime isn’t just for fun. Did you know it’s great for sensory play? Any time you can get all your child’s senses intrigued in an activity, it’s great for their brain. Another benefit of slime? It’s great for kids that have sensory issues and children that suffer from anxiety. Just like a good old stress ball, playing with a container of slime can be relaxing. We’ve dropped containers of it off at our local children’s hospital for that very reason and my teenager is making some for her Etsy store that she’ll use to fund her Team Jaiden projects.
- Unicorn Slime – The Best Ideas for Kids
- Bubble Slime – Sugar, Spice and Glitter
- 3-Ingredient Edible Chocolate Slime Recipe – The Soccer Mom Blog
- How To Make Slime Without Borax – Fun with Mama
- Fluffy Slime – The Best Ideas for Kids
- Simple Snowman Slime Recipe – Lemon Lime Adventures
- Star Spangled Slime – I Can Teach My Child
- Eyeball Slime – Parenting Chaos
- Starry Night Sky Slime – The Kindergarten Connection
- 3-Ingredient Color-Changing Edible Silly Putty Slime – The Soccer Mom Blog
- Easy 3 Ingredient Slime – The Best Ideas for Kids
- Bird Seed Slime – Sugar, Spice and Glitter
- Ocean Slime – Parenting Chaos
- Fun & Tasty Edible Starburst Slime – Midget Momma
- Birthday Cake Batter Edible Play Dough – The Soccer Mom Blog
- Simple LEGO Slime – Lemon Lime Adventures
- Candy Cane Slime Recipe – The Best Ideas for Kids
- Sparkly Mermaid Slime Sensory Play – Sugar, Spice and Glitter
- Taste-Safe Glow in the Dark Slime – The Soccer Mom Blog
- Super Fun Stretchy Edible Slime for Kids – Lemon Lime Adventures
Which one will you make first?
My daughter is obsessed with making slime! 🙂 Totally saving this post to show her later. I have a feeling she is going to want to try that Unicorn Slime soon.
Bekah W says
Mermaid? sign me up!
My kids are so obsessed with slime! So how about at my sons Spring party 2 of the girls decided to do an Easter egg hunt and filled the eggs with either slime or candy. Well one girl who did some of the slime forgot to add the activator and it was MELTY. Hell of a clean up lmao I can laugh about it now but right then I cried and also died a little lmao
Cris of Kiss My Tulle says
My daughter is starting to get into this slime stuff.
Eugenia Lung says
My BF’s daughter is all about the slime! I’ll have to share this with her!
Jennifer Tammy says
Thank you for including some of our favourite slime recipes!
slime activator says
i love the Star Spangled Slime you have mentioned in this post and it looks amazing i would try this