You’re going to love this Bruschetta Chicken!
I am constantly looking for good chicken recipes because we all need to eat healthier. (If you follow my Pinterest boards you’ll know I pin chicken all day long). But, chicken can be boring as we all know. How many different ways can you make it?
Last week I asked my friend Barbara Gulin of Meals by the Week for a paleo-friendly recipe. She paused for about two seconds before she declared, “Bruschetta Chicken.” Seems that one of her favorite go-to recipes is not only easy to make, it’s family friendly and healthy as well. Sounds like a perfect fit to share with you.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tsp granular garlic
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil (or sub another kind of oil)
- 2 cloves sliced garlic
- 1/2 cup sliced sweet onion
- 3 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 1/4 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- Parmesan cheese
- Pound chicken breasts until they are about 1/2 inch think. Season with garlic, oregano, sea salt and pepper. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken breasts (in batches if necessary) for about 7 minutes on each side, until cooked through. Remove cooked chicken from pan and chop or shred into bite-sized pieces. Add the garlic, onion, and tomatoes to the skillet, scraping up any browned bits from the chicken. Cook for about 3-5 minutes, just until heated through. Toss the tomato mixture with the chopped chicken. Add the fresh basil just before serving. Top with fresh Parmesan if desired and serve.
Barb ate a variation of this at a Pampered Chef party a few weeks ago and loved the recipe. And, she fell in love with the Salad Chopper that makes dinner easier because you can make salad right in the bowl (it’s perfect for salsa too). It’s also great for shredding chicken (and as she told me on the phone last week “it’s wonderful stress relief.”). Hmmm. Wonder what else she’s been chopping… Since she loved the Salad Chopper so much, we thought we’d feature it on the blog.
As for the Bruschetta Chicken, it’s fast, easy and healthy. That’s a perfect weeknight dinner for my family since we’re all trying to eat a bit better. If you love chicken as much as we do, you’ll definitely want to add this to your meal plan. We did!