These breakfast burritos are super simple to make and they freeze really easily!
We are all about simple at the CB house and this recipe for breakfast burritos is the easiest thing around. All you have to do is make a dozen eggs, cook a roll of sausage, grab some tortillas and cheese and you’re ready to roll (yes, the pun was intended). My secret to amazing eggs? I use mayonnaise instead of milk. Makes them light, creamy and fluffy. I also don’t cook them until they’re hard because they’re going to be microwaved when you take them out of the freezer. No one has time for rubbery eggs.
I make a big batch of these on Sunday, roll them in Press N’ Seal, throw them in a freezer bag and then everyone can grab one in the morning. They only take about a minute in the microwave and they taste great and don’t have preservatives like all the frozen stuff you buy at the store. And, you’re not restricted in portion size. I can make larger ones for my hubby and some baby ones to pull out for snacks.
- 1 package turkey sausage
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1/4 cup light mayo
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 8 burrito-sized flour tortillas (or 12 if you want child-sized burritos)
- Brown the sausage according to package directions.
- Mix the eggs and mayo in a bowl with an immersion blender. Heat a pan over medium heat and cook the eggs until they are set but still a little moist (since these are going into the freezer they will cook a little more when microwaved). Set aside to cool slightly.
- Build your burritos with eggs, sausage and cheese on top.
If you’re not a sausage fan, you can substitute bacon or just leave the meat out completely like I do for my teen. You can also jazz these up a little with some potatoes, peppers and some salsa on the side.
What’s your favorite go-to breakfast at your home?