By now, you should know I'm a huge social media fan. I use it daily- to stay in touch with friends, promote my blog and yes, for entertainment. It's great but you know what? It's not without limitations. Here are my top eleven things I hate on social media.
- Spoilers– I'm pretty smart. If I don't want to know the winner of a grand slam tennis match where there's a time difference, I stay off the computer. But, here's what I wanna know- do you have to post what happened during the season finale of How to Get Away with Murder three minutes after it ends?
- Quizzes– At first, I thought they were cute but now, I'm so over anything that wants to tell me what I was in a past life. Or, what my name would be if I lived on Mars.
- ALL CAPITAL LETTERS– If you post like this, you need to take off the caps lock immediately. It's the internet equivalent of screaming. Didn't know that? NOW YOU DO!!
- The FML crowd– These are the people that have absolutely nothing good to say at all and they're not being self-deprecating to be funny, they really think their life sucks. All the time. Bye Felicia.
- Chain letter posts– I'm not posting a picture on 15 ladies walls telling them they're good moms. Not going to happen. I've also never sent a chain letter or email in my life. Don't have time for that- here's the good news. I'm still alive, my luck hasn't run out and my life's pretty good.
- Ms. Passive Aggressive– You know her, she vaguebooks all day long and often, you know who she's talking about. Get some balls, pick up the phone and work your shit out. Please.
- Any photo that's introduced with the words, “this content is graphic”– If I wanted to see graphic content on my computer, I'd just Google a topic. I hate logging on too see abused puppies, half-naked unattractive people and anything that really belongs on the People of Wal Mart site. And, guess what? You're disclaimer sucks because by the time I'm reading, it's too freaking late. I've already seen the picture and it's burned my eyes.
- Oversharing– I don't really want to know about anyone's sex life, STD's or sex toys- and yes, I've seen all three in the past week.
- Political or religious posts– No one's gonna agree or win. Move on.
- Typos, bad grammar and misused words– There's an edit button people. Pause, look at your post and use it if needed. And, yeah, we all know about autocorrect. So do you because you blame it all the time.
- Too many hashtags– Guess what? They serve a purpose- so people can find your post with keyword search. No one's ever searching for this- #dinner #foodporn #fishandchips #bringonthetartarsauce #lentsgonnakillme #bringontheeasterbunny
What's your biggest pet peeve on social media?