We're always looking for easy options for weeknights. Especially now, that we'll be back at school. So, I reached out to my friend, Barbara from Meals By the Week and for a new recipe. This zucchini beef skillet is super simple, it's family friendly and it's Paleo. Perfect.
Check out this Zucchini Beef Skillet!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 Tbsp olive oil or grapeseed oil
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp dried oregano
- 4 cups diced zucchini
- 2 cups diced fresh tomato
- Season ground beef with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Form into small meatballs, a little less than an inch in diameter.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chopped onion and saute until the onion is translucent.
- Add the meatballs, garlic and oregano; cook for 5 minutes.
- Brown meatballs on all sides.
- Finally, add the diced zucchini and tomatoes and cook just until vegetables are warmed through and zucchini is crisp-tender.
- Makes 4 servings.
In the next month, we plan to share some lunchbox ideas, quick dinners and rumor has it, we have a slider bar post coming. Since we both have kids (and teens to boot), all the food will be family friendly- except for the cocktails. So, stay tuned it will be lots of fun.
If you haven't had a chance to check out Meals By the Week and you're a busy mom, you should. All of the recipes use fresh ingredients, they're budget friendly and they'll save you time. Your plan is matched to the weekly sales at the grocery store you currently shop, so you don't have to price match or chase sales at multiple stores. And, you can tailor the recipes for 2-16 people. I am a big fan and I think you will be too!